Re: [NTLK] Newton 2100: Internet over localtalk to mac?

From: John Fraser (john_fraser_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Sep 24 2001 - 18:31:12 EDT

Thank you for the very informational e-mail. We are familiar (most) with
basic internet setting we are curious about other options. AKA wireless
using a 900Mhz datalink transmission on localtalk. The wavelan driver will
actually work for me (since I already have a base station) but for many this
solution (if I can get all the pieces together) will be under $50.00 allows
our newton's to access the internet wireless with about 50-100 feet range
(good for most used around the house and outside in the yard. Typically
able to be on the net where ever a typical 900Mhz phone is clear sounding.

BTW to followup on another question about needing a modem between the 900Mhz
datalink and the newton.... not the case... Phonenet connectors like these
I had for sale: http://www.2khappyware.com/done_pics/PDRM0035.jpg have a
RJ-11 (standard phone jack) connection. and always on 900 mhz data link
would grab any data and send it to the other end. These have worked many
times transfering files from newton to my mac and mac to my newton. The
only change is that we are replacing the inside phone cord with a 900Mhz
wireless data link.