Re: [NTLK] Wireless Internet should work! =) Thanks!

From: J¿rgen Riishede (riishede_at_get2net.dk)
Date: Mon Sep 24 2001 - 18:50:43 EDT

Laurent!!

I don=B4t Think you ever will find MacIP on Newton. To the best of my =
knowledge you must use EtherTalk. I have just sent a letter to the =
list (before I read this) with an example on how I access my IntraNet =
via EtherNet and how I would get access to InterNet by help off the =
software program IP NetRouter. I have never used MacIP, because I =
never have had the necessary MacIP network software (MacIP server =
?????).

Wireless InterNet should use the same protocols as a wired network =
unless we are talking about older hardware or maybee special systems. =
The physical network component should use the same protocols or at =
least provide means for converting special link-layers to the TCP/IP =
protocol somewhere in the process. But I have to admit, that I never =
has used wireless network and therefor know lesser than noting about =
their inner workings.

I have f. ex. a older wireless AppleTalk hardware system, but no =
software, manual and description. I simply do not know how to use it =
(and it is not AirPort - of course).
In other words you can hang me up against the Wall for not knowing =
what I am talking about.
But anyway correct me if I am wrong about MacIP. :-) or :-(

J=F8rgen (Jorgen) Riishede

riishede_at_get2net.dk