Re: [NTLK] Wireless Internet should work! =)  Thanks!

From: Bill davis newton (newton_at_mail.ecity.net)
Date: Mon Sep 24 2001 - 19:31:38 EDT

-----Original Message-----
From: J¿rgen Riishede <riishede_at_get2net.dk>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 01 00:50:43 +0200
Subject: Re: [NTLK] Wireless Internet should work! =) Thanks!

> Laurent!!
>
> I don=B4t Think you ever will find MacIP on Newton. To the best of my
> =
> knowledge you must use EtherTalk.
--------

Wrong!

MacIP is available on NIE on my MessagePad 2000. Go into Internet
Setup. Tap "New". Pick "Generic Setup" from the menu. In the slip
that appears, tap "Connect using" and pick "Localtalk". Tap "Continue".

Notice the "Configuration" item. Default is "MacIP Server".

There you go.

Dunno if it's available before that; I don't have my 130 here and I
don't think it has NIE 1 on it anyway.

 - Bill