[NTLK] AW: AW: [ANN] Nokia Names 2

From: Johannes Wolf (jwolf_at_xe.estec.esa.nl)
Date: Tue Sep 25 2001 - 02:11:16 EDT

Hi Daniel,

thanks a lot!
I have simply an older firmware version (04.27), thats why I miss the phone type entries.
So I have to find the next Nokia shop nearest to me in order to update the firmware in my phone.
You also speak german?
There is really no need to transfer the "+" sign, because you will have to delete it on your Newton anyway, because Newton uses
the location (country) to determine the correct country code.
But what I could imagine would be to "translate" the transmitted country code into country names...
You could use then the "+" sign in order to determine if there is a country code or not and then translate it.
Ok, its only an idea.
What is curious to me is, that it seems to be possible to receive and handle the IrDa code from the phone, because the new IRCom protocol is not yet implemented in our Newt.
It would be an absolute great thing to achieve a connection in the other direction too.
So we could use this connection to the phones modem...

Cheers
Johannes