Re: [NTLK] 2100 screw???

From: Jeremy Bond Shepherd (jbond_at_eskimo.com)
Date: Fri Sep 28 2001 - 14:59:11 EDT

At 05:48 AM 9/28/01, Laurent Daudelin wrote:
>------------------------------
>
>I had some problem with my serial connection yesterday night and did
>open my 2100 to check my SER-001. Removed it and put it back,
>but when I
>got to screw the case, I noticed I was missing a screw. And at
>2:00 in
>the morning, I've checked everywhere on the desk, and under the
>desk,
>but couldn't find the darn screw.

Just out of curiousity, did you lose serial connectivity through
the SER-001 but not when using a dongle?

This happens to me once every few weeks. I have to open the
Newton and either re-seat the SER-001 or just remove it and put
it back in again. :-|

I end up carrying the dongle around anyway, "just in case" the
connection through the SER-001 fails when I need it. Kind of a
pain. Am I the only one experiencing this? Should I attempt that
"countersink" trick?

-Jeremy