[NTLK] Airplanes and carry-ons

From: Rodney Rothstein (rothstein_at_cuccfa.ccc.columbia.edu)
Date: Sat Sep 29 2001 - 07:36:52 EDT

I just flew to Paris last week on Continental Airlines. As this is
an American carrier, I assume that their security is the same for
domestic flights. I had no problem carrying on my Newton in its case
("purse") as well as my computer and cell phone. All of this was
x-rayed (I have never had a problem with x-raying this stuff in all
of my years of traveling). As far as I can tell, the main differences
between now and pre-9/11/01 is that it is a good idea not to carry a
pocket knife, no matter what size and that even in business class,
one gets plastic knives, forks and spoons.

BTW, I had a nice visit with Paul Guyot at a cafe on the Ile St.
Louis behind Notre Dame!