Re: [NTLK] [NTLK]-OT-Newbie Question (now Palm/Newt comparison)

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_mac.com)
Date: Sat Sep 29 2001 - 17:46:57 EDT

on 29-09-2001 6:49, Ed Kummel at tech_ed_at_yahoo.com wrote:

> Don't spout off about OSX.whatever...it's just another
> GUI ontop of a *nix kernel...I want GUI, not command
> lines!

Aren't you contradicting yourself there ?

> Switch from SCSI to IDE. Sure, IDE is cheaper, but also not as robust and
> certainly not as fast...(remember, even as equal bus
> speeds, the SCSI still wins out because of it's multi
> path abilities)

I think that was a very good decision, I get blazingly gast performance from
my IDE drives in my Cube, much faster than the UW SCSI disks I had before,
and if I would need them for high end video I would just ad them anyway, but
Steve gave me at least the best value for money with great speed.

I'm still not happy with the axing of the Newton after all these years, but
he did have a point doing it, though the way it was handled is probably
unforgivable, but hey, gave Dell a nice edge in the education marker,
didn't it ;-)

Robert Benschop