Re: [NTLK] [OT]Messagepad case and memory upgrade

From: Hal Widlansky (hal_at_whoever.com)
Date: Mon Apr 01 2002 - 19:05:37 EST

"Michael J. Hußmann" wrote:

> Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_mac.com) wrote:
>
> > none of the other Christian holidays show
> > their pagan roots so badly
>
> Robert,
>
> what about Christmas? That's as pagan a holiday as it gets, with no
> biblical justification for choosing December 25 whatsoever.

I agree. What's the whole Santa/reindeer/sleigh/tree in the living room
thing got to do with Jesus?
That and I've read that historians actually KNOW that he wasn't born
then, and that the holiday was put there to coincide with the winter
festivals.

I'm sure it's all a plot by Hallmark to sell more cards and wrapping
paper... ;-)

My favorite commentary on the "Christian adoption of Pagan holidays"
thing is by Eddie Izzard. Anyone else see his "Dress to Kill" stand up
show?