Re: [NTLK] Asking again... - how not to set up a wireless network..

From: Jim Witte (jswitte_at_bloomington.in.us)
Date: Tue Apr 02 2002 - 19:36:40 EST

>> What would be best wireless for a college campus ie.,
>> where there are , Mac, Linux , and PeeCee servers

   I thought the whole idea of a wireless network was that it was like a
wired network in that it was platform independent - beyond the obvious
need for an 802.11 interface. Doesn't the idea of having different
machine type "zones" kind of defeat the purpose? Unless you're talking
about the position of physical servers that create the data
encapsulation for MacOS, Windows, Linux, not the places from which you
can access the data. But even so, doesn't basically everything support
VPC in some form or another (exempting Newt for now)?

Jim