Re: [NTLK] Newton WaveLAN driver usage poll

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Apr 03 2002 - 15:05:32 EST

on 03-04-2002 1:25, Mike Weisman at popeye_at_speakeasy.org wrote:

> The wireless connection is fast, faster I think than serial.

The wireless connection should be about 10 times as fast as serial (this is
based on the fact that it used to take me over 50 minutes to do a backup
over serial, about 5 minutes over Ethernet.

I asked the other day if the version of Airport mattered, with the first
alpha driver I had success with Airport 1.2, didn't have any success with
Alpha 2 and 3 and Airport 1.3.1 but Alpha 3 and Airport 2.0.2 work
beautifully together, so I've got my wireless connection back !

Robert Benschop