[NTLK] alternative keyboards?

From: derek prowse (esworp_at_comcast.net)
Date: Wed Apr 03 2002 - 20:20:03 EST

Ok... my classes are starting to get dense enough to get me thinking
about getting a keyboard thing going for the newt.
        I have the standard newton keyboard; and I am %100 convinced that
it sucks. It's waay too noisy, and the action is really stiff. Now,
I've tried all sorts of hacks to the keyboard to get it back into
shape. Foam rubber in the keypad spaces, various lubricants on the
contacting plastic parts etc.. no results. Too noisy and
finger-hateful.

So! is there any chance of using some other keyboards with my newton?

If not, is there a program that draws a really huge keyboard on the
screen ( i live my life in landscape mode, anyway..)? I would be
comfortable just typing on the screen with my fingers, if the refresh
was snappy enough.