Re: [NTLK] FAQ and ethernet

From: Lui Frimmel (luifri_at_atnet.at)
Date: Thu Apr 04 2002 - 04:27:36 EST

> The reason is that, network-wise, NCU only works over AppleTalk, be it on
> LocalTalk transport or Ethernet (or EtherTalk). That's the reason why it
> doesn't work on Windows, since there is no AppleTalk there.

I still have some AppleTalk cards for Intel boxes I used ynearly a decade
ago to connect PCs to an AppleTalk network. And I remember a working
setup with netatalk and this cards with a very early Linux
distribution. With a special ROM from a third party firm
(sorry, cant remember their name) it was possible to start
the PC via the Apple network..

There were also cards and software solutions
for Siemens SINIX boxes/Apple Talk (by their look and feel, it seems those
cards were handmade )
and a friend of mine had a very simplistic package loader for
the Newt running on it.

No, I will not sell the cards and also not the Siemens Pascal set
made for the Apple III that never was published..

Lui