Re: [NTLK] Downloading with Nethopper

From: Peter Cameron (pdwc_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Fri Apr 05 2002 - 12:44:10 EST

on 4/5/02 12:11 PM, Jon Glass at jonglass_at_mac.com wrote:

> Well, since my new 2100 doesn't have a dongle, I'm forced to use creative
> means to get software onto my Newt until I can get a dongle. I tried to
> download stuff off of UNNA with Nethopper, but it doesn't have a necessary
> plugin to enable it. Is such a beast available?
    I haven't found the required plugin for downloading packages and AFAIK
there wasn't such an animal.
    If you have email software installed you might be able to mail packages
to the Newton.
    If you know another Newton user you could beam some packages, or install
them on a card for transfer.
    But, in the end, a dongle (or SER-001) is essential with a 2100.

Peter