Re: [NTLK] Lotus Agenda

From: Eric Schneck (eschneck_at_mindspring.com)
Date: Sat Apr 06 2002 - 17:05:09 EST

I used to use Agenda as my PIM on a NEC UltraLite until the Newton came out.
(In fact, I initially loaded my Newton MP100 with names from Agenda.)
Although the Newton's Intelligent Assistant will do some of what Agenda did
(in terms of Names/Dates filing), the great thing about Agenda was that I
could enter one note, and have it make entries in the Dates as well as in
categories for the projects that I was working on. I do not know of any app
for the Newt that can do that. As you know, there was a fair amount of logic
involved in figuring out matches between names, dates and categories. I have
thought about writing such an app for the Newt, but it did not seem
well-suited because Agenda was oriented towards entering large amounts of
data with a keyboard, and I tend to just enter brief scribbles and large
amounts for text. But for those who use a Newton for note-taking and the
like, it would probably be a very useful app.

Eric

on 4/6/02 12:17 PM, newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net at newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net