Re: [NTLK] PCMCIA cards and clock signals and accelerated New

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Apr 10 2002 - 16:55:57 EDT

I too have acellerated Newts. I've equipped them with
D-Ling DE-660 and DE-650 cards, 32mb Pretec and some
generic 4mb and 6mb cards. I have no problems. I can
even IR with other acellerated Newts! The only time I
need to slow down is if I IR to non-acellerated Newts
or want to use my keyboard (I don't really use my
dongle for anything else...)
Ed
web/gadget guru
http://npds.tek-ed.com (my NPDS server and it's new
subdomain)
Acellerate your Newt at:
http://newton.tek-ed.com/newtspeed

--- Darius Zendeh <newton_at_dariuszendeh.de> wrote:
> >Won't any PCMCIA card successfully work with the
> accelerated Newts,
> >since the PCMCIA's clock signal is not generated by
> the main crystal?
>
> I accellerated both my mobile MP2100 (having a
> Lucent WaveLan and a 32MB Flash Card) and my
> stationary MP2100 webserver (having a Lucent WaveLan
> and a 10MB Flash Card) using the Implant 2000. I've
> had absolutey no problems on both MessagePads. I
> only have to slow down, if I want to connect via IR
> or via serial (dongle).
>

> Regards, Darius.
> crackman.dyndns.org (MP2100 powered)
> All your Newton are belong to us.