Re: [NTLK] [OT] PayPal gripes

From: IMNewtMan_at_aol.com
Date: Thu Apr 11 2002 - 11:00:00 EDT

In a message dated 4/11/2002 5:45:37 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
markr13_at_comcast.net writes:

> For the merchant, cards and PayPal are far easier
> to deal with. You get paid within days and you don't have to worry about
> checks clearing. When we used to take checks and MO's, most of the time
> people would fill in the mail in form and then never mail it. I'd wait
> and dun these people only to find out that they would change their minds
> or forget. It was such a hassle that we stopped taking checks and MO's
> as a form of payment. I suspect that most merchants on the web have had
> a similar experience and discontinued the practice as well.

It was easier for me as well, at least until somehow someone got my credit
card number and started charging it up. I don't know how they did it but it
had to be from paypal because that is all I used that card for. Paypal was no
help, never answered the email I sent to their Security Dept <thanks a lot!!!>
. Luckily, my credit card company was great to deal with on this.

Tom