Re: [NTLK] Unique Newtons

From: IMNewtMan_at_aol.com
Date: Fri Apr 12 2002 - 10:51:57 EDT

In a message dated Fri, 12 Apr 2002 10:45:40 AM Eastern Daylight Time, Steve Weyer <weyer_at_kagi.com> writes:

>>I've got one of the plastic(?) units (kinda like the fake PCs in furniture
>stores).  I think these were handed out during an early Newton developer
>conference. waterproof and excellent battery life. ;-)
>
>also some kind of bread board unit (~8"x12") with circuit board in a case,
>with some LEDs, serial port, switches, and a Newton frame (w/ display) on
>the outside.
>
>--
>Steve

Steve,
Is the plastic one the same as the ones Apple gave out to the Newton Fans that met at the Apple Campus after the announcement to end Newton Developement? I wanted one of those, but Apple is a bit of a hike from the East Coast!
The other Newt is one for testing? (or was used for testing?)

-Tom