Re: [NTLK] [OT] PayPal gripes hurt sales

From: Scott C. Gregory (scgregory_at_bigpond.com)
Date: Fri Apr 12 2002 - 13:34:46 EDT

"Humphreys, David" wrote:

> Now, I am not about to bite the hand that feeds me so I would like
> to ask you all what method YOU would choose to transfer funds?
>
> REMEMBER: A move back to the archaic days of send check/clear check/ship product/
> enter information manually, will add time to the process.
>
> I welcome all suggestions as to how this can be handled with the least
> disruption.
>
> I would like to take a poll to see if the payment method IS the
> problem.
>
> If I were to accept any form of payment:
>
> i.e. CC/emoney/check/cash/gold pressed latinum...
>
> What would you choose?

PayPal is by far the best option.. For us people the are outside the
USA (yes peoples, the world does not revolve around the USA!!!) some of
us (like me) only have four choices.....:

(a) PayPal - Reliable, cheap and efficient!
(b) Escrow - Pain in the arse to use and has huge fees!
(c) BidPay - For auctions only, slow, expensive, unreliable!
(d) IMOs - Hugely expensive... fees quite often are as much as or more
than the product itself and extremely slow.

Most other e-services don't allow international users to open accounts.

So frankly I am sick of hearing all the winging.

As for people like David that run a business, and use PayPal! Excellent
I say, there should be more online businesses that accept PayPal for
credit card payments. I too run a small computer business, and I can't
afford the costs of being able to accept credit cards, so PayPal offers
a great way to do that!

To answer your question David... e-money is the way to go as GPL is a
bit hard to come by! ;0) Do you take Monopoly money instead? =0)

My 5c!

Scott