Re: [NTLK] [OT] PayPal gripes hurt sales

From: Humphreys, David (david.humphreys_at_honeywell.com)
Date: Fri Apr 12 2002 - 10:14:57 EDT

Dear All,

I am more than a little dismayed at the recent grumbling
concerning Paypal by a number of people. Your experiences
may be true and your preferences I respect but I have seen a
dramatic downturn in sales as a result of these messages.

Coincidence? perhaps, but I wonder how many people are now
reluctant to use a service that I have had no trouble with
for the past two years?

I extend a heartfelt *thanks* to those people who always find
it necessary to keep us informed about the latest 'problems'
this or that service is having. Truth is that not one service
can boast that they are problem free. They all have some
history, some worse than others. Dig long enough on the net
and you will find it. I have read the reports and can only
say that it has not been MY experience.

But in the end, people like myself who are negatively impacted
by this stuff, will quit developing because there is no return.

I have spent a lot of time (and my own money) to bring products
and enhancements to an obsolete platform. There are more in the
works. Do I have your support?

My choice of Paypal was done to streamline the process for you and me.
It gives us both a record of the transaction and I don't have to
keep making deposits in the bank. Now any number of on-line services provide this
and more but this is the one I have chosen.

Now, I am not about to bite the hand that feeds me so I would like
to ask you all what method YOU would choose to transfer funds?

REMEMBER: A move back to the archaic days of send check/clear check/ship product/
enter information manually, will add time to the process.

I welcome all suggestions as to how this can be handled with the least
disruption.

I would like to take a poll to see if the payment method IS the
problem.

If I were to accept any form of payment:

i.e. CC/emoney/check/cash/gold pressed latinum...

What would you choose?

Thanks for your support.

Regards,

David Humphreys