[NTLK] Trying to make new card style for Names app

From: Stephanie Maks (newton_at_maksystems.com)
Date: Wed Apr 17 2002 - 00:56:34 EDT

I'm trying to make a new custom business-card style for the built-in names
app, and I'm wondering if any of the programming gurus out there can offer
any advice?

I've read the Programmers Guide chapter on the Names app, there's about one
or two paragraphs about adding a new card layout. I've also downloaded the
Cardfile Extension sample code from UNNA and tinkered around with that.

I am at the stage where my new business card layout appears as an option
(viewing a person, show=all info, then tap on card style to get choices).

Now I am trying to do three basic things.

I want to change the size of the card on the screen: I've set my layout to
be about 300 pixels wide (for my MP2100 portrait), but kept the height the
same as before. This does not appear to work though, when I view my new
style on the Newton, the width stays the same as with all the other styles.

I also (of course) want to populate it with a bunch of info from the Names
soup, but I'm not sure where to find listings of all the field-names. Is
there somewhere I can find a complete listing of all the standard fields, so
I can reference that stuff into my new card style?

The third thing, I've actually already figured out; I'm going to use a
non-standard font for these cards.

Thanks a bunch!

-Stephanie
http://www.felesmagus.com/newton/