Re: [NTLK] Trying to make new card style for Names app

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Wed Apr 17 2002 - 08:37:59 EDT

Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 00:56:34 -0400
From: Stephanie Maks <newton_at_maksystems.com>

>I want to change the size of the card on the screen: I've set my layout to
>be about 300 pixels wide (for my MP2100 portrait)

(there is an option in NTK to get the actual dimension of the MP2100 portrait)

>but kept the height the
>same as before. This does not appear to work though, when I view my new
>style on the Newton, the width stays the same as with all the other styles.

I'm not sure that even changing height will help.
Your biz card is in a view and you can't take more space the actual
bounds of this view.
Of course, you could resize this view, but it's getting dirty.

>I also (of course) want to populate it with a bunch of info from the Names
>soup, but I'm not sure where to find listings of all the field-names. Is
>there somewhere I can find a complete listing of all the standard fields, so
>I can reference that stuff into my new card style?

Look at Programmer's Reference, p 16-15 sqq. I think you'll find what you need.

Paul

--
Home page: http://www.kallisys.com/
Newton-powered WebServer: http://newton.kallisys.net:8080/