Re: [NTLK] Jaggies fixed

From: Peter Cameron (pdwc_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Fri Apr 19 2002 - 01:10:03 EDT

on 4/19/02 12:48 AM, Michael Blazer at m.blazer_at_utoronto.ca wrote:
> a modem card that I had popped into the top slot for
> testing and then forgotten about. So, I removed the modem card. I noticed
> it was unusually tight and hard to pull out. As soon as it was out, the
> jaggies and alignment problems completely disappeared.
    This might be another reason to use modem cards only in the bottom slot.
Other folks have had screen problems when using modem cards in the top slot,
but I believe this was though to be a heat problem (modems can get very hot
while in use). It might be a card size problem, but I wonder if it's
possibly an EM problem since even in 'sleep' mode modems pull some power.

Peter