Re: [NTLK] Action Names Manual?

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Apr 19 2002 - 01:52:03 EDT

on 4/19/02 12:46 AM, Bradford Schmidt at brad_at_bradfordschmidt.com wrote:

> Does anyone have the Action Names for Newton OS manual? I can't find it,
> and I have just dug out a copy of it to see if I like it more or less than
> MI. 'Course, I don't think I'm using all the capabilities without the
> manual.
>
> Can anyone email it to me off list, or tell me where I could find it? It
> does not seem to be on Iambic's web site.

Just for the record, I use AN and can vouch that it is no where near as
powerful as MI. :-) Chances are, you aren't missing anything from its
capabilities without the manual. It's a fairly simple program suite, and
easy to figure out even without the manual. I thought I had a copy on my
computer, but can't find it. I do have it printed out, however, and briefly
glancing through it, I don't see anything that is not likely to be found by
a brief perusal of AN on your Newton. I suppose that the user fields might
need some deeper exploration--you can predetermine what kind of data can go
in these fields, and search perform searches by field--which I found quite
useful several years ago, but no longer need.

I think, however, that you will find that MI is a much more powerful
application, and much more flexible. Besides that, AN has a few bugs that
make using it frustrating at times, and that limit its functionality. :-(

Why do I use it? Well, I spent too much money on it. :-)

--
Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland

Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side.