Re: [NTLK] OT, was Re: Battery pack thermo switch

From: scOtty teCHnoir (ticknor_at_punkass.com)
Date: Fri Apr 19 2002 - 16:19:53 EDT

On Behalf Of Stephanie Maks
> Sent: April 18, 2002 7:41 PM
> To: newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net
> Subject: [NTLK] OT, was Re: Battery pack thermo switch
>
> Think about it. The safer you make something, the more recklessly
people
> use it.

well that would explain why, my friend, upon taking delivery of a new
Toyota, would zoom around and slam on the brakes at each stop sign; not
for fun sometimes but as a regular driving style. I asked him why he
left it so close all the time, he replied that 'HE had Anti-Lock
Brakes!!'.
Too bad anti-lock brakes generally increase stopping distances under
normal conditions.