[NTLK] The GripPad

From: Doctor Clu (drclu_at_swbell.net)
Date: Fri Apr 19 2002 - 22:06:51 EDT

    Well, the Zoomer was one fun aspect of the Grid line, but the one
thing that those who enjoyed the Cadillac and Bun Warmer ideas would
love the more slate styled Grids. They were PC compatible and the
cursor was moved on the screen by a pen with a battery in it.
    Haven't played with it as much, though I have played with the 386
(which had just the touch screen) and the 386 variant that could be just
the touch screen, or you could have the top flip open, revealing the
keyboard beneath!

    Fun little units. Hmmm... now that I think about it... I recent
inherited one of the later ones mentioned. Might just have a use for
it. ;^)

    Doctor Clu

Previously....

Well, you got me curious... For those of us not in the know what was a
GridPad and how did it compare with the Newt?
TIA
Tony.