Re: [NTLK] Jaggies fixed

From: Michael Blazer (m.blazer_at_utoronto.ca)
Date: Fri Apr 19 2002 - 22:43:24 EDT

on 19/04/2002 1:10 AM, Peter Cameron at pdwc_at_sympatico.ca wrote:

> This might be another reason to use modem cards only in the bottom slot.
> Other folks have had screen problems when using modem cards in the top slot,
> but I believe this was though to be a heat problem (modems can get very hot
> while in use). It might be a card size problem, but I wonder if it's
> possibly an EM problem since even in 'sleep' mode modems pull some power.

Hmmm... maybe, but consider that:

1) My modem wasn't in use, so probably not a heat issue;

2) It didn't happen with any of my other modems or ethernet card, only the
one that was hard to pull out;

3) My jaggies and alignment problem were definitely worse on the PC slot
side of the screen, and I think other reports fit this pattern. If it was
an EM problem wouldn't it be more randomly distributed around the screen?

But I admit I'm trying to use deduction with hardly any understanding of the
technology involved, so my theories are pretty shaky.

Michael