Re: [NTLK] OT - Off Topic - Re: Safety

From: Marco Mailand (Newton2k1_at_mac.com)
Date: Sat Apr 20 2002 - 02:11:31 EDT

> I think Ed may be thinking of (Denmark, Norway, Sweden ? -can't remember
> which) where the ownership of a weapon was mandated.
Switzerland?

> This was, if memory
> serves me, more from a national defense priority than an anti-crime one.
> Every person (or every male) was considered part of the military in times
of
> national emergency.
The male swiss citizens which are in the active military service age have
all a machine gun, ammo and fighting suits at home, of course with sealed
trigger and ammo compartments. It should be around 1+ million men w/ weapons
which can be mobilized within a few hours. Beside are 70% of swiss houses
equipped w/ nuclear war shelters and offer shelter to nearly all citizen.
Beside Switzerland I think only Israel has as much persons under weapons.

--
With best Regards / Viele Gruesse!

Marco Mailand

http://slsbd.psi.ch/timing http://slsbd.psi.ch/~mmailand/ https://www.paypal.com/refer/pal=YYD3VUXUVD2YG