Re: [NTLK] Problem with the on-off switch

From: Marco Mailand (Newton2k1_at_mac.com)
Date: Sat Apr 20 2002 - 02:15:15 EDT

> Sometimes, I have to use the switch several times before it turns
> off. Other times, it turns off and then on almost instantly.
> Any suggestions to understand ans solve this problem?
In order to disassemble and clean the switch you'd have to disassemble
nearly the complete Newton, down to the display. Beside that fact I don't
know how easy one can open the power switch, but may be a bit of contact
spray would help in the first place.
But there's something else: I nearly never use the power switch to turn the
Newton off. This simply doubles the switch lifetime :-)

--
With best Regards / Viele Gruesse!

Marco Mailand

http://slsbd.psi.ch/timing http://slsbd.psi.ch/~mmailand/ https://www.paypal.com/refer/pal=YYD3VUXUVD2YG