Re: [NTLK] Dongle for 2100

From: Ross Cottrell (heybulldog_at_mac.com)
Date: Sun Apr 21 2002 - 14:52:23 EDT

No, it was a Dutch auction and I was one of the 3 so-called winners.
My understanding is that the lowest acceptable high bid is the price
all winners pay, which in this case was $15.50. All of my official
eBay requests for an invoice have gone unanswered.
I've been warned by members of this list that Gem is not reputable,
so I guess it's just back to the drawing board. I will probably buy
a dongle offline from a list member, that way I know I won't get
hosed.

  A related note:
  I bought my 2100 from phillydiscounters and found them responsive
and reliable. The unit I received is in good shape and came with a
32mb flash card, a 33.6 Hayes modem card, and AC adaptor for $129.
The battery holds a charge too. I was the only bidder-this was
during the recent Newton glut.

Regards,

Ross Cottrell