Re: [NTLK] My Newt Is Crap Anyhow (Was: Taking notes on Newton)

From: Stephen Swift (aka Burnum) (burnum_at_mac.com)
Date: Sun Apr 21 2002 - 18:09:23 EDT

At 4/21/02 5:08 PM, Jesse Garnier (jgarnier_at_mac.com) Wrote:

>> cursive, it really has trouble interpreting the letters. Does anyone ha=
ve
>> any tips? Or should I just upgrade to a MP 2100?
>=20
> A 2100 would be much, much better, but even it can't work miracles.

I think I'll have to do that. My newt rarely works anyway. I normally hav=
to press the reset button to turn it on and off (The power button works
only sometimes). Sometimes the Newt just freezes and I have to restart.
Sometimes the Newt restarts itself while I'm working on it. The screen goe=
blank except for one vertical line running down the center. And then it
starts back up with the error message "Sorry, a system error caused the
system to restart." I fear some piece of hardware is out of sync. I have =
few options:

1) Try to fix it myself. I've done everything in the faq. Anyone have any
more ideas?
2) Send it to someone who can fix it for me. Anyone do this?
3) Buy another newt and sell this to someone for parts.

Stephen Swift =BF' The Burnum Man
burnum_at_mac.com