Re: [NTLK] SimpleMail partial email list download

From: Simon Roberts (srob_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Apr 22 2002 - 06:30:11 EDT

on 21.04.2002 22:17 Uhr, Gavin McKenzie at gavin_mckenzie_at_fastmail.fm wrote:

> I have the same thing happen. I've got a bunch of SimpleMail accounts
> setup, and when I download my NTLK mail from hotpop.com I get about 20
> messages and then it hangs -- you know how it shows progress by
> inking-in a document icon and saying "Storing..."? Well, it hangs with
> the Storing... message up and the document icon completely
> black-filled.

I've been having the same problem occasionally with SimpleMail. It hangs as
you describe (i.e. Storing) on a particular email message. If I reset the
Newton and retry, SimpleMail hangs on the same message. If I delete the
offending email from the server, reset and retry, SimpleMail is able to
complete downloading other messages.

This looks like a SimpleMail bug. I'm waiting until it happens again so that
I can capture the offending email and report the problem to SimpleMail's
author.

Simon