Re: [NTLK] Taking notes on Newton

From: Christian Matzerath (matze_at_uumail.de)
Date: Tue Apr 23 2002 - 03:41:00 EDT

Hi all together,

Ed wrote............
> Here are four things that will help your handwriting
> tremendously:
> 4) use expansions! Sometimes when I write certain
> words, the Newton recognizes them wrong. For instance,
> the word "the". Sometimes the Newt recognizes it as
> "tne" or "t4e". I've used expansions to tell the Newt
> that whenever it sees "tne" (there is no such word as
> "tne") to put "the" there instead.

besides alt.rec which I find unstable (though a genius idea), is there a =
way to automatisize this? fx. just select the misspelled word and then skip =
open wordlist, fill in the new word, expand it and close the word list but =
only tap one command and write the correct expansion?

or... having written a word (fx. "the") correctly, doubletap it and the =
select the misinterpreted words in the list (tne, +ne aso.), to =
automatically make them words, which will be expanded to "the" in the =
future?

I have no idea what newton script can do, so maybe this question is silly, =
if such things are possible? Are they?

best Matze

Christian Matzerath
Lorettostr. 17 40219 D=FCsseldorf