Re: [NTLK] OT - Off topic - US drivers

From: IMNewtMan_at_aol.com
Date: Tue Apr 23 2002 - 11:16:02 EDT

In a message dated 4/23/2002 11:01:42 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
fyzycyst_at_comcast.net writes:

> The who?? Engine management system? You mean your right foot, correct??
> (Admittedly, I'm probably a bit outdated on stuff like this, my pickup
> recently gave up the ghost after ~16 years...)

Actually, I can take my foot off the pedal and my car will slow down to a
certain speed and then the car will deliver just enough gas to keep the
engine from cutting out. So, the car will creep along like an automatic does
if you are at a complete stop and take your foot off the brake. I can, of
course, force it to stall if I apply the brake and don't disengage the
clutch.

I also live in the DC area and agree with your observations on the local
drivers. I think part of the problem is that people will jump in front of you
if there is even the slightest gap, so you feel compelled to close the gap as
quick as you can or everyone and their mother gets in front of you.

-Tom