Re: [NTLK] OT - Off topic - US drivers

From: Hendrik Lipka (hendrik.lipka_at_gmx.de)
Date: Tue Apr 23 2002 - 12:52:35 EDT

> Riiiight. Sure you can. I guess the 5.7 liters and 500+ HP that NASCAR
> racing cars need to go that fast is just wasted displacement and energy.
> And if you are really traveling 160 mph (mph right, not kph?) I hope you
> have Z rated tires to keep from becoming a nasty streak on the road at that
> speed.
> Please don't think I am trying to be rude, but let's keep the bragging to
> realistic levels, shall we?

With my Audi A3, 1.8L, 125hp, I can go 220km/h - and this is not the hp limit,
but I hit the rpm limiter at this speed... This would be about 140 mph.
And yes, we have tires which can stand this speed - we are required to have.
Currently, I have winter tires, and they are limited to 190km/h :( I will
change them on the next weekend, so I'm back to full speed. I love Germany for
its streets...

hli

--
Møøse trained to mix concrete and                                 Hendrik Lipka
sign complicated insurance forms                           hendrik.lipka_at_gmx.de