Re: [NTLK] OT - Off topic - US drivers

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Apr 23 2002 - 16:27:23 EDT

on 4/23/02 7:57 PM, IMNewtMan_at_aol.com at IMNewtMan_at_aol.com wrote:

> Not to say that displacement doesn't matter but I have more get-up-and-go in
> my 1.8T than most V6's with larger displacements. IMO it is a matter of
> efficiency.

Now, I'm no engineer, but as this discussion has morphed, I've been
thinking. Don't rpm matter? I mean, what these engines lack in mass, they
make up in sheer rpm. Surely those little engines moving at rather high rpms
cam more than make up for their small size. Am I close on this, or am I off
the wall in my thinking?

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland