Re: [NTLK] Various newton related things

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Wed Apr 24 2002 - 15:13:57 EDT

Great! At least 2 people where we can put a face on a name. That's Robert
Benschop we're talking about, right?

-Laurent.

code police n.: [by analogy with George Orwell's `thought police'] A
mythical team of Gestapo-like storm troopers that might burst into one's
office and arrest one for violating programming style rules. May be used
either seriously, to underline a claim that a particular style violation is
dangerous, or ironically, to suggest that the practice under discussion is
condemned mainly by anal-retentive weenies. "Dike out that goto or the code
police will get you!" The ironic usage is perhaps more common.