Re: [NTLK] new to list

From: Karel Jansens (kareljansens_at_tiscalinet.be)
Date: Wed Apr 24 2002 - 18:13:55 EDT

On Wednesday 24 April 2002 14:30, Marco Mailand wrote:

> > 4) I'm an architect and have heard that there are project management
> > and cad software available. Can anyone give me a heads up?
>
> CAD is not really possible. It's sort of handdrawing with straigthened
> lines what's achievable on the Newton. I recommend to use the normal
> Notepad for skeches or the NewtonWorks extension WorksDraw which adds
> several very useful tools. However, there's no means to enter or edit
> graphical shapes with exact dimensions nor is there something like DXF
> import/export. Also the 3D capabilities have never been more addressed
> than with a few demo programs.
> Many very useful Works additions you'll find here:
> http://www.unna.org/unna/applications/NewtonWorks/

Sorry to reply via you, Marco, but I couldn't find the original message
anymore.

There is PocketHouseMap. It's on Unna, it's free, and it's a kick-ass
surveying program, with good desktop connectivity.

IIRC, it even does DXF!

--
Karel Jansens
kareljansens_at_tiscalinet.be

"Pretty women make us buy beer; ugly women make us drink beer." (Al Bundy)