Re: [NTLK] Be-all End-all sync app...

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.rr.com)
Date: Fri Apr 26 2002 - 21:51:31 EDT

on 26/04/02 21:29, tfbiii_at_nbscomputers.net at tfbiii_at_nbscomputers.net wrote:

> I'm wondering if anyone has considered making the SuperSync app I dream
> about. Something that interfaces with the Newton, maybe via Sloup, and
> support various plug-ins (read as conduits) from other developers. It
> just seems like the next place to go. I'm not looking for P*lm Desktop,
> I'm looking for H*tsync for Newton with all it's glory.
>
> Wouldn't it be easier to write a conduit...I mean plug-in... that
> interfaces with program ABC and dumps it to the Newt instead of writing
> a whole new program from scratch? I see programs that are close, DIL
> Tester looks like it was on the right track, but it would need to be
> rewritten according to TT, Notes2Notes has a clean front end and could
> grow up into this type of app. I'm sure there are other I am missing.

Any ultimate synchronizing/backup/whatsnot solution will have to be
compatible with the Dock, so that a freshly "brain wiped" Newton will still
be able to dock to get back a backup or anything else... All IMHO, of
course...

-Laurent.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe, trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning." -Rich Cook