Re: [NTLK] Be-all End-all sync app...

From: John Del Pizzo (jdelpizzo_at_mac.com)
Date: Sun Apr 28 2002 - 11:52:42 EDT

> on 26/04/02 21:29, tfbiii_at_nbscomputers.net at tfbiii_at_nbscomputers.net wrote:
>
>> support various plug-ins (read as conduits) from other developers. It
>> just seems like the next place to go. I'm not looking for P*lm Desktop,
>> I'm looking for H*tsync for Newton with all it's glory.

Forgive me for being a little behind the times with my email.

Technically, Newtourage *could* be used for such a purpose. Newtourage
consists of a main application that handles interaction with the newton and
a separate background app that deals with Entourage. For example, the main
app reads a Newton contact, translates it into a standard format and
transmits that data to the background app (the MSE Engine) via an
appleevent. The Engine then takes that data, performs whatever manipulations
are necessary for Entourage and then carries out the requested action. In
theory, an Engine/conduit/plug-in could be written for whatever PIM you like
- assuming you knew how to interface with that PIM. For that matter, the
Engine could be an OSX native app even though the main app is classic (the
engine doesn't need the dil for anything so could be native).

Just some random thoughts.

John

---
jrd_at_delcannsoftware.com