[NTLK] Newtourage News (was Be-all End-all sync app)

From: John Del Pizzo (jdelpizzo_at_mac.com)
Date: Sun Apr 28 2002 - 11:09:12 EDT

With all the bandwidth devoted to syncing, I thought I'd just let everyone
know where Newtourage stands.

Development has been largely on hold due to other time commitments.

I've also been waiting because Microsoft has a new synchronization API in
the works. I've signed off on the NDA & Beta EULA and am awaiting shipment
of the software. (Although, I have been waiting a while.) The API should
provide "full and direct" access to the data and make better/faster syncing
a reality.

As for going OSX native, reworking the communication plumbing on X is well
beyond my abilities. If those of you working on that end of things want to
email me offline, I'd love to find out where you are.

-> I do have a a version of Newtourage that allows for date transfer. By
transfer, I mean you can move your calendar from the Newton to Entourage or
Entourage to the Newton, but that's it. There's no syncing. There are also a
handful of limitations due to Entourage (exceptions to repeating patterns
are not honored and a couple repeating patterns on Entourage don't have
counterparts on the Newton). I've been sitting on it for a couple of months
but could clean it up enough to release in the next few weeks. Is there a
need?

John

jrd_at_delcannsoftware.com
jdelpizzo_at_mac.com