[NTLK] BackTalk doesn't seem to do what I want it to

From: Karel Jansens (kareljansens_at_tiscalinet.be)
Date: Sat Apr 27 2002 - 09:46:47 EDT

Most of you already know my sordid secret: I have a Newton _and_ a Palm
IIIc (actually, I had the Palm first, I only discovered that Newtons still
existed last summer). Althought the usage of my Palm has decreased since I
got my Newt, it still has some convenience left. One of them is that it
fits in my pocket.

So I figured I could keep the Palm as a handy organiser and sync it with
my Newt regularly. And Halelujah! we have BackTalk, which does exactly
that.

Or so I thought...

It appears that BackTalk will only sync date appointments from the Newt
towards the Palm, although Names and Notes go the other way.

Bummer...

Thinking about it, and unless there is some technical reason for
appointments only going the wrong way, this sounds to me like a very
stupid decision. Isn't it logical that the Palm would be in one's pocket
all the time, and therefore be the device on which new dates would most
likely be entered? Wouldn't notes and names be more likely to come from
the Newt (which is a _lot_ easier for entering information!)?

Anyways...

--
Karel Jansens
kareljansens_at_tiscalinet.be

"Pretty women make us buy beer; ugly women make us drink beer." (Al Bundy)