[NTLK] With all this talk of syncing...

From: Rolf Brakvatne (rbrak29_at_qwest.net)
Date: Sun Apr 28 2002 - 12:22:25 EDT

With all this talk of syncing, I was wondering if PocketQuicken Connect
could be reworked to allow connection under OS X for syncing with Quicken.
The PQ connection app only works in std MacOS and only via a serial
connection. It does not work in Classic. It could if it had an Appletalk
option (connect via Ethernet), but it does not. There is an IR option in the
pulldown menu, but since the IR stack to connect to a Mac was never really
finished, this option is dead. IR seems not to be an option in X since IR is
not supported yet.

A person has written an app for X, NewTen, that does allow connection to a
Newt for pkg installations using serial, but with all new machines dropping
serial for USB, serial seems to be near death. If one could use Newten as a
foundation for serial connection inside X and somehow channel that
connection through PQ Connect... I can only hope.

RB