Re: [NTLK] [OT] eMac Pricing...

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Apr 30 2002 - 23:24:57 EDT

Nope...we didn't have PCs in school... nobody wanted
to build them! (I had an RCA Cosmac Elf I built using
wirewrap point-to-point...didn't do much computing on
humid days) We used TekTronics VDTs and Western Bell
Teletypes connected to HP 3000 systems via 110baud
modems! We did Assembly, then the next year we were
able to do batch basic and batch Fortran. By the time
I graduated, we were able to do interactive basic, but
still batch fortran...
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- Michael Mays <chaosmonk_at_earthlink.net> wrote:

> You know, I actually remember when Macs were really
> the only things that
> COULD be used in schools. Back then, RAM prices
> were $40/mb...
> :D
>

> Michael Mays
>
> *******
> Pie iesu domine, dona eis requiemmmm... *whack*
> -------

=====
- Arthur C. Clarke -