[NTLK] overclocking an emate...

From: Pedro Hobbyfrazoo (pjfraser_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Aug 01 2002 - 10:32:03 EDT

posted incorrectly a few seconds ago - sorry!

On Thursday, August 1, 2002, at 07:17 AM, Pedro Hobbyfrazoo wrote:

> from yesterday's CrazyAppleRumors.com:
>
> Wednesday, July 31, 2002 †
>
> Wednesday Feature: Crazy Apple Help Desk
>
> Every Wednesday, the staff at Crazy Apple Rumors Site answers common
> help questions based on our vast experience with Apple products and our
> fervent belief that we know more than you do.
> Today: Overclocking!
> Q: I have a eMate 300 that I have completely tricked out. I have a 64 MB
> PCMCIA card and I've overclocked the processor from 25 Mhz to 29 Mhz!.
> Trust me when I say this baby screams! The refresh on scrolling through
> a document is almost real-time! Surfing the web is... well, it's still
> really lousy, but it's much faster than it was! I've looked at some
> Japanese sites that show you how to make special plastics and...
> A: Dude!
> Q: ...I'm totally going to make a custom enclosure. Then...
> A: DUDE!
> Q: What!? What!?
> A: Dude... no one cares.
> Q: Huh? Oh. Oh. OK.

-- Peter
pjfraser_at_alamedanet.net

"Imagine the disincentive to software development if after months of
work another company could come along and copy your work and market it
under its own name...without legal restraints to such copying, companies
like Apple could not afford to advance the state of the art" -Bill
Gates, 1983