Re: [NTLK] Touch Screen cable problem

From: Bernie A. Goltermann (bagoltermann_at_ksaits.com)
Date: Mon Aug 05 2002 - 02:29:02 EDT

Ed Kummel wrote:

> Oh man...I hate to tell you this...but this is a bad
> one!
> There are a few untested theories on ribbon cable
> repair...but none of them have been fully tested.
>
> I've had some success (mainly with cables that never
> NEVER move with rear window defogger repair liquid.
> You gotta "glop" it on thick and put on several coats.
> After that, cover it liberaly with some locktite (I
> forget the number, but it stays flexible...

Ed,
Thanks, I remember now about the defogger repair liquid trick..
Unfortunately, this cable is cut clean through two of the traces and to
top it off the cut is where the ribbon cable makes the last 90 degree bend around
the board. I don't think that this is the best place to make a repair.
Just for info, how do you go about exposing the trace (take off the plastic.)
It's so thin... I'd be afraid to touch it with anything sharp.

Bernie