Re: [NTLK] OOOooooohh e-Bay, I am scared now: was Re: HUGE Newton

From: machula (barpoes_at_xs4all.nl)
Date: Fri Aug 09 2002 - 04:05:21 EDT

> >Hehheh... something like the same with my hamsterbabies... Like to
> >see them go to good loving and careing homes instead of the cold
> >animal-pet shop around the corner...
> >Cheers,
> >Barb
>

>Come on folks! We're talking newtons here, not live, breathing,
>feeling, emoting animals. I mean, I love my newt, but if I was going
>to sell it, I wouldn't be too concerned about a "good home", just a
>place where somebody wants it so perhaps it avoids landfill a little
>longer....
>
>I just read some stats that mentioned over 10 million dogs and cats
>are put to death prematurely _each year_ in pounds and shelters in
>the USA, bc they're unwanted. Now that's something I can feel sick
>about. But finding my newt a good home? Who cares! Just try to keep
>it out of landfill.

imho,
(very h)
I can explain the origins of these sentiments.
Without contradicting your animal-feelings,
a piece of technique that was so lovingly and carefully designed also
deserves a good home.
One good home doesnt stand in the way of another.
Lets say, you could save a dog from the shelter, at the same time tap
your newton to write down a new name for your new dog, in love with
both ... ;-)
Hey, you could even call your dog Jabber!
Now, how's that?

*grin*

Barb