Re: [NTLK] OOOooooohh e-Bay, I am scared now: was Re: HUGE Newton

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Fri Aug 09 2002 - 06:14:23 EDT

on 8/9/02 10:05 AM, machula at barpoes_at_xs4all.nl wrote:

> I can explain the origins of these sentiments.
> Without contradicting your animal-feelings,
> a piece of technique that was so lovingly and carefully designed also
> deserves a good home.
> One good home doesnt stand in the way of another.
> Lets say, you could save a dog from the shelter, at the same time tap
> your newton to write down a new name for your new dog, in love with
> both ... ;-)
> Hey, you could even call your dog Jabber!
> Now, how's that?

You know, there is another aspect about this that doesn't involve the Newton
in any way. I see this phenomenon on a few lists I'm on. The real factor, in
my mind is that you are doing business with somebody from a familiar
environment, and with somebody whom you know from that environment. We couch
it in terms of "giving the Newton a good home" but I think it has more to do
with the fact that we are dealing with somebody we know, rather than with an
unknown quantity. Them's my thoughts. :-)

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland