[NTLK] New to the Newt

From: John Manzione (newton_at_macnet2.com)
Date: Tue Aug 13 2002 - 07:40:36 EDT

Hi all,

After being disappointed that Apple (or should I say Steve) still
thinks the economy should prevent the company from advancing
innovations as quickly as it can be, and by refusing to release it's
own, revolutionary Personal Digital Assistant, I decided that come hell
or high water I would begin using a Apple-branded PDA.

So I bought a couple of Newtons.

I am so impressed with these babies that I decided to dedicate some
space in our publication to the Newton. I am the publisher of MacNET
2.0 and we've begun a Newton forum topic and I will shortly begin to
write about the Newton in a weekly diary.

I had no idea the Newton 'underground' was as large as it is, and that
development is still underway.

Anyway, I am looking for a Moderator to run our Newton forum topic and
I am also looking for people who would like to write about the Newton.
I want to raise awareness of this remarkable device in the Mac
community. And if any of you want to buy or sell Newtons please feel
free to use our forums for this. I am urging all our readers and all
our forum members to buy and use the Newton.

If you are at all interested in helping promote the Newton to the
masses of Mac users who have given up waiting for a new Apple PDA, then
contact me...perhaps you can play an important part in getting Apple's
attention. While we celebrate OS X 10.2 Jaguar we can still look back 4
years to the technology that is Newton.

I have a lot to catch up on, and I will be reading this list every day.
If you have any advice on how I can get up to speed on the advances of
the Newton please let me know.

I simply can't believe how great these things are, it was pretty dumb
of Steve to kill off this remarkable technology.

John Manzione
Publisher
MacNET 2.0
http://www.macnet2.com