Re: [NTLK] Nokia D211 PCMCIA GPRS and WI-FI

From: Harri Hohteri (harri.hohteri_at_cs.helsinki.fi)
Date: Wed Aug 14 2002 - 22:58:01 EDT

>Is there somebody that has tested the Nokia D211 PCMCIA card with
newton ?

I tested it. I doesn't work. I even had a special WLAN driver which
recognized the D211 from Hirochi Noguchi but I didn't work. And it was
neither recognized as a serial port card to be able to use the GPRS
functionality.

>Is it possible to use GPRS and WI-FI functions on Newton ?

Yes, if you use separate products. Somebody reported that Ericsson T68
GPRS phone should work and WLAN driver has been around for a while. The
problem with Newton is that it seems that it doesn't support
multifunction cards.

Harri