[NTLK] NewtonDILTester

From: L vRooy (ara_at_dwaf.pwv.gov.za)
Date: Thu Aug 15 2002 - 07:31:06 EDT

Hello
Subject: Thomas Tempelmann's Newton Browser=20

Problem: On PB: I deselected (accidently, of course) everything in the=
 options window and got an "oops-no pipes were opened" error when I tried to=
 establish a connection with the u2000. I quit the program (manually) -=
 still nothing selected in options- incidently, the IrDA selection box was=
 dimmed. When I run it again, it boms out with the same "oops-no pipes were=
 opened" error message and then quits immediately after the message boxes=
 are closed. I deleted the preferences, but no luck- no new pref. file was=
 created when the Browser was restarted. I expanded everything afresh from=
 the .sit archive, but again, no luck (the prefs. file was only then 'recrea=
ted').

Additional info (sins?): On PB: I also installed the IrDA extensions that=
 goes with the EETransfer utility. I disabled these, but so far, no luck=
 with the Browser.

Help and advice will be much appreciated
thankful as always

Les vRooy
<lvrooy_at_iafrica.com>